Chuck's Armadillo Eggs
Total Time: 2 Hours and 15 Minutes
Prep Time: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Serving Size: Makes 40 Servings
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 40 jalapeno peppers
- 2 1/2 cups cream cheese
- 1/4 jar of Chuck’s Salsa (hot or mild)
- Small sandwich bag, chopstick or skinny popsicle stick
- Small kitchen knife
- Tooth picks (soaked in water for 30 min)
- Cut tops off jalapenos and use small knife to deseed the insides of the jalapenos. Some people halve the jalapenos to make it easier but I prefer to keep them in one piece. This is the most time consuming part of the whole recipe. Place deseeded jalapenos into a large bowl of water, this will help loosen any remaining seeds.
- Combine cream cheese and Chuck’s Salsa into a bowl and beat together. Make sure the cream cheese stays sturdy and doesn't become runny. Use skinny popsicle stick/chopstick to fill insides of jalapenos with cream cheese/chuck’s salsa mix. I actually use a chopstick to do this part. You can also fill a small sandwich bag, cut a tiny hole into the corner and use it like you would to put icing on a cake.
- Take bacon slices and cut them in half to shorten them. Wrap each stuffed jalapeno with a half a piece of bacon and hold in place with presoaked toothpick.
- Place jalapenos on a baking tray and cooked for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove and serve.