Chuck's Hot Chili
Total Time: 2.5 Hours
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours
Serving Size: Makes 4 "Chuck-Sized" Bowls
- 2 lbs of beef (I use half turkey meat/ half lean beef)
- 2 cans of chili beans (16 once)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (28 ounce)
- 1 jar of Chuck's Salsa (hot or mild)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 yellow pepper (diced)
- 1 sweet onion (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
- 1 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Paprikav
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine peppers, onion, jalapeno, garlic and olive oil in large pan and sauté for 15 minutes while cooking meat in a separate pan for 15 minutes. Cook meat until light brown.
- Throw everything else into a large pot. Add drained meat and vegetables to same pot after completing step one.
- Cook on low heat for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in large dishes, shredded cheese and sour cream are optional.